SEVEN VALLEY SNOW GOERS CLUB, INC.
The name of this Corporation shall be Seven Valley Snow Goers Club, Inc.
In accordance with Federal law, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, and familial status.
The purpose of this Corporation shall be:
1. To promote safe, courteous, wise and lawful use of the snowmobile as a means of individual and family recreation.
2. To familiarize the public in the proper uses of the snowmobile and the sportsman like conduct on the designated trail system.
3. To groom, mark, and maintain a designated trail system.
4. To establish liaison with the counties and state concerned for the use of the snowmobile in connection with Civil Defense snow emergencies or other emergencies and to be able to operate on state lands for recreational use.
1. Membership shall be open to any legal individual over the age of 16 or family having an interest in snowmobiling and the purpose of this Corporation.
2. There shall be two types of membership: Regular and Family.
3. On all matters requiring a vote, each regular member and family memberships shall be entitled to one vote.
4. Membership shall run from September 1 through August 31 each year.
OFFICES AND COMMITTEES
1. The elective officers of this corporation shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. They shall all be over the age of 18. Elections shall be held annually for each office.
2. There shall be an executive committee consisting of five Directors and the officers.
3. No officer, director, or any member unless herein specified, shall receive any salary or other compensation for his or her duties for or to this corporation.
1. The president shall be the presiding officer at all regular and special meetings. All committees shall be by voluntary basis. If no one or not the right number of people volunteer, then the president shall appoint the required number to serve on such committees. The President shall have the power to perform such other duties as may be normally incidental to this office of President of any organization of this nature.
2. The Vice President shall assist the President in the discharge of his/her duties and in the absence of the President shall act in his stead.
3. The Secretary shall keep all minutes and
records of this Corporation and the Directors. He/she shall file and
keep all documents, records, reports, and communications connected with the
organization. He/she will conduct all correspondence and carry into execution
4. The Treasurer shall collect and hold in the name of the organization all monies belonging to the Corporation. He/she shall deposit all sums received in any bank designated by the executive committee. He/she shall sign all checks and pay all bills having been approved by the Directors, and he/she shall make a report at the annual meeting and regular meetings, and will also keep a current membership registrar.
5. The directors shall have general charge of policy, management, and finances of this Corporation. They may hold meetings at such times and places as they think proper, and suspend members, according to our rules of discipline. Appoint committees on particular subjects from members of this Corporation, audit bills and disbursements of funds, bring and circulate documents and publish articles, carry on correspondence with other organizations interested in the snowmobile club, employ agents and fill vacancies in the elected positions temporarily until the next annual meeting. They shall devise and carry into execution such other measures as they seem proper and expedient to promote the objectives and purposes of this Corporation.
6. All Officers shall have such other powers and duties as are required by law.
The dues shall be a designated amount by the membership at the annual meeting, and will be payable in the month designated for the annual meeting for the ensuing year. As for now, the dues are $25.00 for a Single or $30.00 family.
FISCAL YEAR, MEETINGS, AND QUORUMS
1. The annual meeting of this Corporation shall be the first Thursday of February, meeting date of each year commencing in 2001.
2. Special meetings may be called by the President and Board of Directors.
3. At any regular or special meeting a quorum of not less than 50% of the officers shall be present.
4. A quorum of the Directors and the President or the Vice President shall be necessary to conduct business of the organization.
5. The order of business at annual or other meetings shall be:
A. Call to Order
B. Minutes of last meeting
D. Committee Reports
E. Old Business
F. New Business
6. Nomination of officers and Directors shall be by ballot at a regular meeting held in October. You must be a member by the time of election.
7. All questions of procedure not covered by these By-Laws shall be determined by the board of Directors.
1. All members of this Corporation shall abide by the By-Laws and the purpose of this Corporation. Violation or conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the Corporation shall constitute just reason for suspension or expulsion, such action requiring majority vote of the Board of Directors. Notices of such charges must be sent to the person in question at least Ten (10) days prior to the date for action by the Directors; such member having the right to present his/her defense at that time.
2. Due to liability reasons this club does not cndone the consumption of alcohol and it should not be consumed before or during work detail. A work detail consists of any Trail maintenance (ex. Grooming trails, building bridges, trail clearing, ect.)
1. These By-Laws may be amended, repealed, or altered in whole or part by a 2/3 vote at any regular or special meeting called for that purpose. Notice of meeting and purpose to be given to members at least five days prior to said meeting at which time the change or changes will be considered and voted on by ballot, unless more time is needed to further study such change by committee that will be appointed for this study.